ALLEGAN, Mich., July 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Perrigo Company (Nasdaq: PRGO; TASE) today announced that it has received tentative approval from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for its abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) for repaglinide tablets, the generic equivalent to Prandin® Tablets (repaglinide tablets).
Prandin® tablets (repaglinide tablets), are indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type-2 diabetes mellitus and have annual sales of approximately $250 million, as measured by Symphony Health Solutions.
Perrigo's Chairman, President and CEO Joseph C. Papa stated, "This approval shows the talent and expertise of our R&D and regulatory affairs departments. This is another example of Perrigo's commitment to bring new products to market and deliver on its mission to provide quality, affordable healthcare to consumers."
From its beginnings as a packager of generic home remedies in 1887, Allegan, Michigan-based Perrigo Company has grown to become a leading global provider of quality, affordable healthcare products. Perrigo develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and generic prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, infant formulas, nutritional products, animal health, dietary supplements and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The Company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market. The Company's primary markets and locations of logistics operations have evolved over the years to include the United States, Israel, Mexico
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Perrigo Company Acquires Ophthalmic Product Portfolio From Fera Pharmaceuticals, LLC For An Upfront Payment Of $93 Million
2. New Breakthroughs Allow Companies to Expand their Reach - Research Report on Perrigo, Auxilium, Actavis, Mylan, and Salix
3. Perrigo Launches First-Ever Industry Marketing Campaign For Store Brand OTC Medications
4. Perrigo Reports Record Revenue and Adjusted Earnings
5. Perrigo Company To Release Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Results On May 7, 2013
6. Perrigo Company To Present At The Barclays Global Healthcare Conference
7. Perrigo Company To Present At The RBC Global Healthcare Conference
8. Perrigo Confirms First to File Patent Challenge for Generic Version of Testosterone Gel 1.62%
9. Perrigo Company To Present At The Leerink Swann Global Healthcare Conference
10. Perrigo Company Acquires U.K.-based Rosemont Pharmaceuticals Ltd. For Approximately £180 Million Or $283 Million
11. Perrigo Confirms FDA Approval For Testosterone Gel 1%