DALLAS, Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- ChinaMarketResearchReports.com adds "China Orthopedic Instrument Industry Report, 2013-2015" research report to its store.
Benefiting from aging of population, consumption upgrade and policy support, China's orthopedic instrument industry has seen rapid development over the years, with total market size rising from 3.28 billion yuan in 2006 to 9.85 billion yuan in 2012.
Trauma products, spine products and joint products constitute the three major market segments of Chinese orthopedic instrument industry. In 2012, the three principal products accounted for an aggregate market share of about 82.2%, of which, trauma products showed the highest, approximately 35.5%, with market size up 18.24% YoY; spine and joint products ranked second (up 12.6% YoY) and third (up 12.4% YoY), respectively.
In recent years, along with the increasing investment of foreign-funded enterprises in China, the trend of foreign monopoly has been more evident. After the acquisition of Synthes in 2012, Johnson & Johnson has turned into the largest company in China's orthopedic instrument market, with market share of both trauma and spine products occupying the first place.
In November 2012, Medtronic purchased KangHui Medical for $816 million, thus making an important step in Chinese orthopedic instrument market localization. Compared with Medtronic's high-end positioning, affordable KangHui products can help Medtronic expand low- and medium-end markets in emerging countries and regions (including China). In 2012, Medtronic (including KangHui Medical) occupied 15.9% of China's
SOURCE China Market Research Reports
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. announces name change to Hanger, Inc.
2. Innovations for Osteoarthritis, Sports Injuries and Orthopedic Practices
3. U.S. Market for Orthopedic Biomaterials 2012
4. European Markets for Orthopedic Soft Tissue & Sports Medicine 2012
5. U.S. Market for Orthopedic Braces & Support Devices 2012
6. Mindray Medical Completes Acquisition of Dragonbios Orthopedics Business
7. Breg, Inc. Renews Contract to Provide Orthopedic Products to OPGA Members
8. Japanese Market for Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair & Sports Medicine
9. Brazil Orthopedic Devices Market Outlook to 2018 - Arthroscopy, Cranio Maxillofacial Fixation (CMF), Hip Reconstruction, Knee Reconstruction, Spinal Surgery, Orthobiologics, Trauma Fixation and Others
10. Future Horizons in the Global Orthopedics Market
11. Orthopedic Braces and Supports Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018