"I have been recommending dietary supplement niacin in the form of nicotinic acid in my clinic for heart health support for more than two decades," commented Dr. Lavie. "Like many of my colleagues, I recommend Slo-Niacin® because it contains nicotinic acid, the only form of dietary supplement niacin with the clinical support to back its heart health claims. I prefer Slo-Niacin® for my patients because I trust that the nicotinic acid will help to maintain good cholesterol levels and my patients have few issues incorporating Slo-Niacin® into their routine because the unique polygel® controlled-release system is designed to reduce the likelihood of niacin flushing," added Lavie.
When taking dietary supplement niacin, some people, but not all, may experience a side effect called niacin flushing. Flushing may occur with the use of nicotinic acid, which causes temporary vasodilation or widening of blood vessels in the skin. Slo-Niacin® Tablets utilize a unique polygel® controlled-release system that ensures the gradual and measured release of doctor-recommended nicotinic acid and is designed to minimize flushing associated with niacin use.
About Niacin and Nicotinic Acid
Niacin is a B vitamin that occurs naturally and aids in the function of the digestive system, skin, and nervous system and can help maintain good cholesterol within the normal range. Nicotinic acid, a form of niacin, has been used since the 1950s to support healthy good cholesterol.
SOURCE Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. DenMat Announces Signing a Purchase Agreement to Acquire PeriOptix Inc., Leading Provider of Magnification and Illumination Technologies
2. Drugs.com Releases Q3 Sales for Top 100 U.S. Drugs: Singulair Drops But Nexium and Abilify Remain the Leading Brands
3. World Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook and Leading Suppliers Business Strategies and Marketing Tactics
4. Validus Pharmaceuticals Now Exclusively Marketing Six Established U.S. Product Lines Purchased From Leading Healthcare Company
5. Optimal Radiology Partners with Leading Radiology Practice
6. Frost & Sullivan Solidifies the Prominence of Leading Organizations through Best Practice Recognition
7. Omeros Responds to Misleading Announcement by Davis Wright Tremaine Concerning Settlement with Former Chief Financial Officer
8. 90 Presentations at Leading Radiation Oncology Meeting Demonstrate the Breadth and Depth of Clinical Evidence for Accuray Technologies
9. LABSCO Implements Leading-Edge Technology to Support Growth and Seize Opportunities in the Clinical Laboratory Market
10. Presentations at Leading Radiation Oncology Meeting Highlight CyberKnife Prostate Outcomes from Patients at More Than 40 Centers
11. Varian Medical Systems Selected by Leading Russian Development Foundations to Take Part in High-Profile Supplier Event