DALLAS, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB) today announced that its board of directors has authorized management to pursue a potential tax-free spin-off of the company's health care business. A spin-off would create a stand-alone, publicly traded health care company with approximately $1.6 billion in annual net sales and leading market positions in both surgical and infection prevention products and medical devices.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Thomas J. Falk said, "While K-C Health Care has been part of our company since the 1970's, its strategic fit and growth priorities have changed over time and we now think that pursuing a spin-off makes sense for our shareholders. This move would allow K-C Health Care to optimize its performance and flexibility to pursue its own value-creation opportunities. A spin-off would also allow us to further sharpen our focus on our consumer and K-C Professional brands. This announcement is further evidence of our focus on creating shareholder value and how we use portfolio management to run our company."
Robert E. Abernathy, currently Kimberly-Clark Group President – Europe, Global Nonwovens, and Continuous Improvement and Sustainability, will become chief executive officer of the new health care company if the spin-off ultimately occurs. Abernathy joined Kimberly-Clark in 1982 and has held senior management positions throughout the company, including having overall responsibility for K-C Health Care from 1997 to early 2004. Joanne B. Bauer will continue as Kimberly-Clark President – Global Health Care, work closely with Robert Abern
SOURCE Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Kimberly-Clark Health Care Receives FDA Clearance For KIMGUARD ONE-STEP Sterilization Wrap Portfolio With One-Year Maintenance Of Package Integrity And Amsco V-PRO maX (Flexible Cycle)
2. Kimberly-Clark Introduces Revolutionary CERVICOOL Cooled Radiofrequencey System for Cervical Joint Pain
3. Kimberly-Clark Introduces Revolutionary CERVICOOL Cooled Radiofrequency System for Cervical Joint Pain
4. Kimberly-Clark Heath Care Acquires Anesthesia Business from Life-Tech
5. Kimberly-Clark Health Care Acquires Anesthesia Business from Life-Tech
6. Nutrilys Del Mar Joins Health Forces With LAPD Underwater Dive Unit
7. Clinical Trial at Evergreen Healthcare Shows Intestinal Gel Reduces Symptoms of Advanced Parkinsons Disease
8. Netsmarts Focus on Innovation to Help Health and Human Service Providers Span the Spectrum of Care in the Healthcare 3.0 Environment
9. Qmed, the Leading Global MedTech Industry Resource, Partners with Clarimed, to Provide the Medical Manufacturing and Healthcare Industry with FDA Reports on Adverse Events
10. Attendees Save Up To $800 on Global Healthcare Conferences in 2012 by Registering Through Global Information Inc.
11. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Deutsche Bank 37th Annual Healthcare Conference