TEL AVIV, Israel, February 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Global B.R.A.I.N (Breakthrough Research And Innovation in Neurotechnology) Prize is an international R&D award to be granted to an individual, group or organization for a recent breakthrough in the field of brain technology.
The one-million-dollar prize will recognize a disruptive innovation on a path to commercialization with potentially significant impact to humanity. Innovations eligible for the award include:
1. Novel technologies that can augment scientific understanding of the brain
2. New technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of brain disease
3. Cutting-edge technologies to enhance human brain function
4. Groundbreaking Brain-Machine Interface technologies
5. Innovative brain stimulation technologies
6. Disruptive brain-inspired technologies in computation, communications and robotics
The prize will be awarded at IBT's Global Brain Technology Conference to be held in October, 2013. The prize is aimed at supporting further development of the winning technology.
Full contest details, terms and conditions as well as an application form can be found here.
The international judging committee is composed of distinguished leaders in neuroscience, technology and business, including three Nobel laureates: Profs. Eric Kandel , Daniel Kahneman and Bert Sakmann .
About Israel Brain Technologies
|SOURCE Israel Brain Technologies (IBT)|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved