Will Democrats Announce More Details On How They Will Finance New Health Care Proposals At Today's Summit?
WHITE HOUSE TO HOST HEALTH CARE SUMMIT
WASHINGTON, March 5 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by the Republican National Committee:
Today, President Obama Will Host A Health Care Summit:
Today, President Obama Will Host A Summit On Health Care Issues. "On Thursday, Mr. Obama will host a summit on health-care issues where a variety of stakeholders will come together with members of Congress." (Laura Meckler, "Tough Questions Dog Health-Care Overhaul," The Wall Street Journal, 3/3/09)
EVEN MORE SPENDING? HIGHER TAXES?
President Obama's Health Care Plan Could Cost More Than $1 Trillion:
Estimates Place The Cost Of President Obama's Health Care Plan At Over $1 Trillion Over The Next Decade. "Estimates put the full cost of Mr. Obama's health plan at more than $1 trillion over 10 years." (Laura Meckler, "Tough Questions Dog Health-Care Overhaul," The Wall Street Journal, 3/3/09)
The President Has Been Vague About Funding His Health Care Plan:
President Obama Has Been Vague On How His Health Care Plan Would Be Financed. "Mr. Obama has been vague about how the country's future health-care system should be structured, but he was detailed last week about how to pay for it. He proposed raising $634 billion over 10 years through tax increases on the wealthy and cuts to existing government health-care spending." (Laura Meckler, "Tough Questions Dog Health-Care Overhaul," The Wall Street Journal, 3/3/09)
SOURCE Republican National Committee
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. Taming Wide Variations in Spending Key to Health Reform - New England Journal of Medicine Commentary from Dartmouth Atlas Project
2. Consumers Spending Less on Prescription Drugs
3. Recession Scrambling Health Spending in U.S.
4. National Caregiver Coalition to National Governors Association: Establish State Task Forces to Monitor Medicaid Spending, Ascertain Funds Going to Protect Seniors
5. New health reform strategy would insure everyone, improve health and slow spending growth
6. Personal Health Technology Spending to Exceed $460 Million in the Disease Management Sector in 2013
7. How much is the world spending on neglected disease research and development?
8. Kids Who Spend More Time Outdoors Have Better Vision
9. KV Pharmaceutical Suspends Product Manufacturing, Shipping
10. Spending on Integrated Operating Rooms to Slow in 2009, But Expected to Recover in 2010
11. Hospitals and Health Systems to Cut Back on Both Capital Spending and Unprofitable Services in 2009