Revenues in the retail pharmacy segment increased 4.5% to $14.5 billion in the fourth quarter of 2009. Same store sales (sales from stores open more than one year) increased 4.9% in the fourth quarter of 2009. The growth rate of revenues in the retail pharmacy segment is lower than the growth rate of same store sales due to three fewer reporting days in the fourth quarter of 2009, as compared to the fourth quarter of 2008. Pharmacy same store sales rose 7.3% in the fourth quarter of 2009 and were negatively impacted by approximately 290 basis points due to recent generic introductions. Pharmacy same store sales in the fourth quarter of 2009 were positively impacted by approximately 270 basis points due to Maintenance Choice™. Front store same store sales increased 0.3% in the fourth quarter of 2009. For fiscal year 2009, total revenue in the retail pharmacy segment increased 13.0% to $55.4 billion, compared to $49.0 billion in fiscal year 2008.
The generic dispensing rate in our pharmacy services segment increased approximately 220 basis points to 68.9% and by approximately 260 basis points to 70.6% in our retail segment for the fourth quarter of 2009, compared to the fourth quarter of 2008.
Income from Continuing Operations
Income from continuing operations for the fourth quarter of 2009, increased 10.2% to $1.1 billion'/>"/>
SOURCE CVS Caremark Corporation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine news :
1. CVS Caremark to Provide $3 Million in Free Flu Shots to the Unemployed
2. CVS Caremark Data Finds More than 50 Percent of Adults 45-years and Younger are not Adherent to Cholesterol Lowering Medications
3. CVS Caremark Announces Results of 2009 Health IQ Study
4. CVS Caremark and Inverness Medical Innovations Launch Strategic Alliance to Provide Enhanced Health Management Services to Clients
5. CVS Caremark Names Andrew J. Sussman, M.D., as President/Chief Operating Officer of MinuteClinic
6. CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Invests $300,000 in Easter Seals' Autism Services for Young Children
7. Cardinal Health Renews Distribution Agreement With CVS Caremark
8. ARTHUR(R) and CVS Caremark Debut the Winner of the ARTHUR/All Kids Can Character Search June 30 on PBS KIDS GO!(SM)
9. CVS Caremark Recognized with Gold Award from National Business Group on Health for Promoting Healthy Lifestyles for Employees
10. CVS Caremark Ranks Among 50 Best Fertility- and Adoption-Friendly Workplaces in America
11. Video: CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Awards $4.2 Million in Grants Benefiting Children with Disabilities, Uninsured