uniQure and the other honorees will be featured in the March/April edition of MIT Technology Review, available on newsstands worldwide March 5, and online at technologyreview.com on February 20.
uniQure is the world leader in the development of human gene based therapies. uniQure's Glybera, a gene therapy for the treatment of lipoprotein lipase deficiency has been approved in the European Union, and is the first approved gene therapy in the Western world. uniQure's product pipeline of gene therapy products in development comprise hemophilia B, acute intermittent porphyria, Parkinson's disease and SanfilippoB. Using adeno-associated viral (AAV) derived vectors as the delivery vehicle of choice for therapeutic genes, the company has been able to design the world's first stable and scalable AAV manufacturing platform, validated in the approval process of Glybera. This proprietary platform can be applied to a large number of rare (orphan) diseases caused by one faulty gene. uniQure's largest shareholders are Forbion Capital Partners and Gilde Healthcare, two of the leading life sciences venture capital firms in the Netherlands'/>"/>
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. uniQure Collaborates with UCSF on GDNF Gene Therapy in Parkinsons Disease
2. uniQure Appoints Philip Astley-Sparke President US
3. Callibra, Inc. dba Discharge 1-2-3 is Named Winner of 2011 Chicago Innovation Award
4. Dr. Alice Jacobs, CEO of IntelligentMDx, Named Best Entrepreneur in Eighth Annual Stevie® Awards for Women in Business
5. Sequenom Named to NASDAQ Global Select Market
6. U of Toronto experiment named top breakthrough of 2011 by Physics World
7. BioStorage Technologies Mike Reffeitt Named "CFO of the Year" by Indianapolis Business Journal
8. Superior Controls of Seabrook, NH Named System Integrator of the Year for 2012 by Control Engineering Magazine
9. Royals Batter Billy Butler Named Hutch Award Winner
10. Life Technologies Plant in Austin, Texas Named One of IndustryWeeks Top Ten Best Plants for 2011
11. Kimberly-Clarks Bob Stargel Named One of Savoy Magazines Top 100 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America