Boston, MA (PRWEB) April 01, 2013
Ultra Light Startups, the largest startup-investor pitch event organization in the U.S., will host a Future Energy Investor Feedback Forum at MIT in Cambridge on Thursday, April 4 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Future Energy, an Ultra Light Startups brand sponsored by Shell GameChanger, is a series of events that connects entrepreneurs, researchers, and private investors in the energy and clean-tech industries to develop and commercialize radical solutions to the world’s energy challenges.
Following Future Energy’s high-profile pitch contest at the ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit in February, the MIT event will feature eight early-stage cleantech entrepreneurs selected to pitch their ideas to a panel of seasoned corporate and private energy technology investors.
As with all Future Energy pitch events, the Future Energy selection committee personally selected six companies from more than 100 applicants, and the remaining slots were awarded to the two companies who received the highest number of votes on Future Energy’s crowd-voting site. The eight companies / entrepreneurs / technologies chosen for the competitive MIT pitch event include:
1. RET Inc. / Ahmed Farouk / Organic solar cells
2. UPower / Jacob DeWitte / Carbon-free always-on generators
3. PloymerGreen / Andrew Radin / Conversion of waste plastic to oil
4. Ionova Technologies, Inc. / Fraser Seymour / Zinc ion pseudo-capacitor energy storage
5. Open Water Power / Ian McKay / Electrochemical energy storage
6. SmartPwrNet / Ganesh Nakhawa / Building and equipment efficien
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved