Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) July 22, 2014
Two new members were elected to the University City Science Center’s Board of Directors at its annual Shareholders Meeting on June 13: Kerry R. Benson, Managing Director and Chief Information Officer of The PFM Group, and Stephen T. Zarrilli, President and CEO of Safeguard Scientifics. The Science Center also announced the election of Michael A. DiPiano, Managing General Partner of New Spring Ventures, as Board Vice Chair and Richard P. Jaffe, Esq., of Duane Morris LLP, as Director Emeritus.
Benson and Zarrilli join the following current and emeritus members of the Science Center Board:
Maxine Ballen, President and CEO, New Jersey Technology Council
- Kenneth J. Blank, Ph.D. (Board Vice Chairman), Vice President, Health Sciences, Rowan University
- Craig R. Carnaroli (Chairman of the Board), Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania
- Christopher Cashman, Chairman and CEO, Marinus Pharmaceuticals
- Deborah L. Crawford, Senior Vice Provost for Research, Drexel University
- Katherine Crothall, Ph.D., President, CEO and Chairman, Aspire Bariatrics, LLC
- Ernest Dianastasis, Managing Director, Computer Aid Inc. and Chairman, First State Innovation
- Michael A. DiPiano, Managing General Partner (Board Vice Chairman), New Spring Ventures
- Steven J. Fluharty, Ph.D., Dean and Thomas S. Gates, Jr. Professor of Psychology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience, School of Arts and Sciences, University of Pennsylvania
- Glen N. Gaulton, Ph.D., Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Executive Vice Dean and Chief Scientific Officer, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Helen F. Giles-Gee, Ph.D., President, University of the Sciences
- Jane H. Hollingsworth, Managing Partner, Militia Hill Ventures
- David P. Holveck, Science Center Director Emeritus
- Osagie O. Imasogie, Senior Managing Partner, Phoenix IP Ventures
- J. Larry Jameson, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System; Dean, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Richard P. Jaffe, Partner, Duane Morris LLP, Science Center Director Emeritus
- Philip R. Johnson, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer and Executive Vice President, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Russel E. Kaufman, M.D., President and CEO, The Wistar Institute
- David R. King, Senior Advisor, Atonarp, Inc.
- Carl Kopfinger, Senior Vice President, Venture Capital & Mezzanine Investment Division, TD Bank
- Kenneth L. Kring, Managing Director, Educational Specialty Practice, Korn/Ferry International
- William J. Marrazzo, President, WHYY, Inc.
- Keith A. Orris, Senior Vice President for Corporate Relations and Economic Development, Drexel University
- Stephen Spinelli, Jr., Ph.D., President, Philadelphia University
- Paul Touhey, Executive Chairman, Invisible Sentinel
- Tara L. Weiner, Senior Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Stephen S. Tang, Ph.D., MBA, President and CEO, University City Science Center
About the Science Center
The University City Science Center is a dynamic hub for innovation, and entrepreneurship and technology development in the Greater Philadelphia region. It provides business incubation, programming, lab and office facilities, and support services for entrepreneurs, start-ups, and growing and established companies. The Science Center was the first, and remains the largest, urban research park in the United States. Since it was founded in 1963, graduate organizations and current residents of the Science Center’s Port business incubators have created more than 15,000 jobs that remain in the Greater Philadelphia region today and contribute more than $9 billion to the regional economy annually. For more information about the Science Center, go to http://www.sciencecenter.org. To view the Science Center’s 2014 Annual Review, go to http://www.UCSC2014Review.org.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12034522.htm.
Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2014 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. TransCelerate BioPharma Inc. Launches Second Year Initiatives, Expands Membership and Achieves Milestones for Original Projects2
. ACTUS Appoints New Members to Its Management Team3
. Specialized Online Treatment Programs for Military Service Members Challenged with Substance Abuse4
. PennWells Strategies in Biophotonics Event Adds Two New Advisory Board Members5
. Osaka University Student Chapter Members Host Photonics Conference to Build Networks, Advance Science6
. Generex Confirms Conference Call with Members of the Antigen Express Scientific Advisory Board7
. Generex Announces Particulars of Conference Call with Members of the Antigen Express Scientific Advisory Board8
. Vestiage Announces Initial Advisory Board Members9
. SurroundHealth Celebrates Two-Year Anniversary and Membership Milestone10
. ABC Welcomes New Advisory Board Members11
. California Healthcare Institute Appoints Allergan CEO Chairman of the Board, Elects New Board Members