NEW YORK, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Levi & Korsinsky announces that a class action lawsuit has been commenced in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware on behalf of investors who purchased Incyte Corporation ("Incyte" or the "Company") (NasdaqGS: INCY) stock between April 26, 2012 and August 1, 2012 (the "Class Period").
For more information, click here: http://zlk.9nl.com/incyte-incy/.
According to the complaint, Incyte's reported fourth quarter 2011 and first quarter 2012 sales were artificially inflated due to a large number of advanced-stage myelofibrosis patients being prescribed the drug upon FDA approval in November 2011--patients who had been too sick to participate in the clinical trials.
On August 2, 2012, Incyte disclosed that Jakafi sales growth had been much softer during the second quarter of 2012 than investors had been led to expect. Defendants also disclosed that many of the new patients prescribed Jakafi were so sick they would not have been eligible for the Phase III trial. Defendants conceded that while prescriptions to these patients had increased sales revenues, these were not revenues that would continue for the suggested three years on average that defendants claimed, as certain patients died. In response to these disclosures, the price of Incyte stock fell from its August 1, 2012 close of $24.92 per share to close at $19.57 per share on August 2, 2012.
If you suffered a loss in Incyte you have until May 6, 2013 to request that the Court appoint you as lead plaintiff. Your ability to share in any recovery doesn't require that you serve as a lead plaintiff. To obtain additional information, contact Joseph
SOURCE Levi & Korsinsky, LLP
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. Reports Results of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
2. ICBS, Update for Shareholders.
3. NeoStems CEO Letter to Shareholders
4. Monsanto Attempts to Lockout Socially Responsible Shareholder at Annual Meeting
5. SPO Updates Shareholders on 2012 Corporate Strategy
6. SeraCare Shareholders Approve Acquisition by Linden Capital Partners
7. Genesis Biopharma Issues Letter To Shareholders
8. Medical Marijuana Inc. Shareholder Update - PhytoSPHERE Systems, LLC
9. Amarantus BioSciences Updates Shareholders on Timing of Michael J. Fox Foundation Grant Data Release
10. Correction: Amarantus BioSciences Updates Shareholders on Timing of Michael J. Fox Foundation Grant Data Release
11. Amarantus BioSciences Issues CEO Letter to Shareholders