SAN DIEGO, Feb. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: NBIX) announced today that it has appointed William H. Rastetter Ph.D. to its Board of Directors effective immediately. He is the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Receptos, Inc., and former Executive Chairman of Biogen Idec, Inc.
"We are very pleased to welcome Bill Rastetter to our Board of Directors," said Joseph A. Mollica, Ph.D., Chairman of the Board of Neurocrine Biosciences. "The company is very fortunate to have someone with Bill's experience and proven track record in the biotech industry. He will be a valuable resource to Neurocrine as the Company moves forward."
Dr. Rastetter is currently the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Receptos, a privately-held drug discovery and development company which utilizes pioneering G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) technology, including 3-dimensional structure determination of these membrane bound proteins, to facilitate information-driven drug design for developing best- and first-in-class drugs. He is also currently the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Illumina, Inc., and is a partner in the venture capital firm Venrock.
Dr. Rastetter retired as the Executive Chairman of Biogen Idec Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, at the end of 2005 and had served in that position since the November 2003 merger of Biogen, Inc. and IDEC Pharmaceuticals Corporation. He served as Chief Executive Officer of IDEC Pharmaceuticals from December 1986 through November 2003 and as chairman of the Board of Directors from May
SOURCE Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Neurocrine Announces Top-Line Results From 703 Study (Tulip PETAL Study) of Elagolix for Treatment of Endometriosis Pain
2. Neurocrine Biosciences Amends Corporate Headquarters Lease
3. Neurocrine Biosciences to Present at the UBS Global Life Sciences Conference
4. Neurocrine Biosciences Secures Committed Equity Financing Facility
5. Neurocrine Biosciences Reports Second Quarter 2009 Results
6. Webcast Alert: Neurocrine Biosciences Announces 2nd Quarter 2009 Earnings Results
7. Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Conference Call and Webcast to Present Second Quarter 2009 Financial Results
8. Neurocrine Biosciences to Present at the 8th Annual Needham Life Sciences Conference
9. Neurocrine Biosciences to Present at the Deutsche Bank 34th Annual Health Care Conference
10. Neurocrine Biosciences Reports First Quarter 2009 Results
11. Neurocrine Announces Work Force Restructuring