nsplanted. Designed to provide a sealed and sterile environment from the time of recovery until transplantation, LifePort gently pumps a specifically formulated solution through the kidney. This is referred to as 'machine perfusion' and is an important contrast to the traditional method of storing and transporting donated kidneys - packed in a box of ice (static cold storage).
About Organ Recovery Systems
Organ Recovery Systems (http://www.organ-recovery.com) is the world's leading provider of machine perfusion products to the transplant community, supporting over 120 transplant programs worldwide with its LifePortKidney Transporter and organ preservation and flush solutions.
1. Moers C, Pirenne J, Paul, A, Ploeg RJ. Machine perfusion or cold storage in deceased-donor kidney transplantation. N.Eng J Med 2012;366:770-1.
2. Eurotransplant data provided on request.
3. OPTN. Available at http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/ContentDocuments/PG_Scorecard_090611.xls.
4. Johnston TD, Thacker LR, Jeon H et al. Sensitivity of expanded-criteria donor kidneys to cold ischaemia time. Clin Trans 2004;18:28-32.
5. Moers C, Smits JM, Maathuis, MJ et al. Machine perfusion or cold storage in deceased-donor kidney transplantation .N Engl J Med 2009;360:7-19.
Page: 1 2 3 Related biology technology :1
|SOURCE Organ Recovery Systems|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Hemodialysis Machine Industry 2012 Global & China Market Research Report - ReportsnReports2
. Life Technologies Ion Personal Genome Machine Receives San Diegos CONNECT Most Innovative New Product Award3
. NIST polishes method for creating tiny diamond machines4
. Queens University professor uses nanotechnology to prolong machine and engine life5
. Reportlinker Adds Strategic Analysis of European Human Machine Interface (HMI) Market6
. The 20th Century Reanalysis Project: A time machine for climate scientists7
. Study measures single-molecule machines in action8
. Inspired by a cotton candy machine, engineers put a new spin on creating tiny nanofibers9
. New Mobile Blister Packing Technology Launched by Packaging Machinery Manufacturer, Sepha Ltd10
. UK Based Machinery Manufacturer, SEPHA, Thrives Despite Downturn11
. Argonne Scientists Use Bacteria to Power Simple Machines