Tampa, Fla., USA (PRWEB) November 21, 2013
ISPE announced the recipients of its 2013 International Honor Awards at the Society’s Annual Meeting held in Washington, DC USA, 3 – 6 November. Recognizing the awardees’ contributions to ISPE and to the pharmaceutical industry, Nancy S. Berg, President and CEO, presented the honors on behalf of the ISPE Board of Directors.
“As a volunteer organization, ISPE depends on the dedicated work of its Members and the support of their companies to achieve outcomes that make a difference in terms of industry best practices, product quality and ultimately, patient health,” says Berg. “For that reason, recognizing Members and companies who make contributions that raise the bar for the Society and for the industry is all-important. We are grateful for their work on behalf of ISPE.”
The 2013 award winners are:
Dr. John Berridge was honored with the Joseph X. Phillips Professional Achievement Award, a special award that recognizes an ISPE Member who has made a significant contribution to the pharmaceutical industry, not just ISPE. Named in honor of Joe Phillips, longtime supporter of ISPE and a leader in establishing the Society as an “integrator” of industry and regulators both during his years of service with the FDA and later when he became International Regulatory Affairs Advisor to ISPE, this award is given infrequently to recognize the extraordinary contributions of its recipients.
- Jean-Francois Duliere of Technip France was awarded the Max Seales Yonker Member of the Year Award, which recognizes a Member who has made significant contributions to ISPE in the past 12 months. It is named in honor of a dynamic lady who contributed to the Society in many different ways and served as a source of inspiration during her battle with cancer.
- Stephen Tyler of AbbVie and Winnie Cappucci, retired from Bayer Healthcare, were both honored with the Richard B. Purdy Distinguished Achievement Award, given in recognition of multiple years of dedicated service to ISPE. It is named after one of the Society’s founders and most accomplished Presidents.
- The Drug Shortages Initiative Team was named Committee of the Year. This award recognizes the outstanding work of the Society’s committees, councils, task teams or community of practice steering committees. This committee is chaired by François Sallans, Vice President and Chief Quality Officer, Pharmaceutical, Johnson & Johnson.
- The ISPE Pacific Northwest Chapter and ISPE China were recognized with the Affiliate and Chapter Excellence Award. This award recognizes the outstanding work of one of ISPE’s International Affiliates and Chapters, as reflected by membership development and services, management, industry and society support and innovation.
- Johnson & Johnson was named Company of the Year, an award that honors outstanding support provided by a company as reflected in commitment to the mission of the organization as well as through company employees’ significant active participation in the Society’s committees, councils, task teams, COPs, programs and activities.
- Gordon Leichter, PhD and John Spohn, CPIP were awarded the Roger F. Sherwood Article of the Year Award for their article, “Automating a Manual Cleaning Program in a Multi-Product Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Operation,” published in the January/February 2013 issue of Pharmaceutical Engineering Magazine.
To read more about these Society leaders and the awards they received, and to view the complete list of awards presented at the 2013 ISPE Annual Meeting, please visit the ISPE International Honor Awards page on the ISPE website.
ISPE, the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering, is the world’s largest not-for-profit association serving its Members through leading scientific, technical and regulatory advancement throughout the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 20,000 Members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe and effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters in Tampa, Florida, USA. Visit http://www.ISPE.org for more information.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11360801.htm.
Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Ceres Announces Fiscal Year 2013 Financial Results2
. National Association of Professional Women Announces Michelle Doss, Director, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnology, as VIP Woman of the Year3
. Telomere Biosciences Announces: TELO-100 with T-Activator 150, a Breakthrough in Telomere Science and Age Management4
. Soligenix Announces Initial $600,000 Investment and up to $10.6 Million Common Stock Purchase Agreement with Lincoln Park Capital Fund, LLC5
. Sequenom Announces Participation At The Piper Jaffray 25th Annual Health Care Conference6
. Aratana Therapeutics Announces Positive Top-Line Results from AT-001 Dose-Ranging Field Study in Client-Owned Dogs with Osteoarthritis7
. Sangamo BioSciences Announces Seven Data Presentations At The 2013 American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting8
. Jazz Pharmaceuticals Announces Participation at the Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference on December 39
. Northwest Biotherapeutics Announces Pricing Of Public Offering Of Common Stock And Warrants10
. Health Fidelity Announces Research Program to Support Advanced Use of Unstructured Clinical Data11
. National Brain Tumor Society Announces the Defeat GBM Research Collaborative’s Project Plans and Investigator Teams