The IBM Blue Gene/Q system, based on POWER architecture, currently ranks N 143 on the Top500.org list and N 9 on the Green500.org. It runs at 209.7 trillion operations per second (TFLOPS). Its ability to process Big Data is instrumental for the faster isolation and analysis of genes and proteins, responsible for the most common chronic lifestyle diseases. It can also be used to simulate new drug development. The supercomputing's drug modeling, integrates mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology with advanced, high performance computing and engineering and has the potential to significantly reduce a new drug's time to market by developing new procedures of drug design.
Blue Gene/Q (BG/Q) is the next evolutionary waypoint on IBM's HPC leadership roadmap to ultra-scalability and ultra-reliability in a power-efficient, space-saving platform for the most demanding grand challenge computational science applications. It is the next logical step towards developing technologies and architectures for exascale capable computing systems.
Reliability is one of the most critical issues facing ultrascale computing. As the number of processing elements continues to grow, those elements must show a comparable increase in reliability in order to deliver a productive and useful platform. As with the previous generations of Blue Gene, the reliability of a machine at this scale will be unparalleled.
The BG/Q design continues the remarkable legacy of its previous two Blue Gene generations providing unmatched power efficiency. The Nostromo supercomputer is by far the most energy efficient supercomputer in Poland'/>"/>
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Elsevier Supports International Crisis Aid Through Pillars of Hope Campaign
2. Discovery in Nature elucidates immune cells in skin and supports novel vaccine approach
3. MDA Supports Development of Dissociative Glucocorticoid for DMD
4. InVigor® Canola Supports the Michigan-Whitman Fire Department with More for Everyone Award
5. InVigor® Canola Supports Cando Youth Hockey with More for Everyone Award
6. InVigor® Canola Supports Langdon Day Care Center with More for Everyone Award
7. Bio-Innovator Saneron CCEL Therapeutics Supports Cryo-Cell International Leadership and Board of Directors in Proxy Contest
8. ARMGO Pharma, Inc. announces data which supports its Rycal program as a novel approach for the treatment of stress-induced cognitive disorders
9. WMIS Supports Experts, Commits to Resolve Beta Amyloid Issues with CMS
10. US Market for Orthopedic Braces and Supports
11. Alliance to Feed the Future Congratulates Our Farmers, Supports Education for Future Generations on National Agriculture Day