CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cempra, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEMP), a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing differentiated antibiotics to meet critical medical needs in the treatment of bacterial infectious diseases, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended Dec. 31, 2012. The company will host a conference call and webcast at 4:30 p.m. EST, today.
"2012 was a transformational year for Cempra," said Prabhavathi Fernandes, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Cempra. "We raised sufficient capital through our IPO and a subsequent private placement to advance our two differentiated antibiotics in clinical development. Solithromycin is now in the first of two planned Phase 3 clinical trials in community-acquired bacterial pneumonia or CABP and Taksta (CEM-102) is undergoing a Phase 2 trial in patients with prosthetic joint infections or PJIs. 2013 will also be an important year as we expect to hold an end-of-Phase 2 meeting with the FDA during the first half of 2013 for solithromycin in CABP as the key step in preparing for the IV-to-oral second Phase 3 trial, which we expect to start in the second half of 2013 subject to available resources. We also anticipate presenting some top-line results for the TAKSTA™ Phase 2 trial in PJIs in the fourth quarter of 2013."
Financial ResultsQuarter ended December 31, 2012 compared to quarter ended December 31, 2011
For the quarter ended December 31, 2012, Cempra reported a net loss of $6.6 million, or $0.26 per share, compared to a net loss of $3.8 million, or $7.13 per share, for the same period in 2011.
Research and development expense in the quarter ended December 31, 2012, was $4.4 million, a 20
SOURCE Cempra, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. United States Patent and Trademark Office to Require Signed NDA Affects Many Reports Wysebridge
2. China Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Third Quarter and First Nine Months of Fiscal 2013
3. Soligenix Reports Year-End 2012 Financial Results and Highlights Recent Accomplishments
4. InterMune Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Financial Results And Business Highlights
5. Pharmacyclics Reports Results for Six and Three Months Ended December 31, 2012
6. Palatin Technologies, Inc. Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Results; Teleconference and Webcast to be held on February 14, 2013
7. Neuland Labs Reports Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Financial Results
8. Intraocular Lens (IOL) Market Worth $3.8 Billion By 2018 Say New Research Report at ReportsnReports.com
9. Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cells Market Deals Analysis in New Research Report at ReportsnReports.com
10. Cellular Therapy Market and Cord Blood Market 2013 Industry Research Report: MarketResearchReports.Biz
11. Neurocrine Biosciences Reports Fourth Quarter And Year End 2012 Results