DUBLIN, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Carbon Nanotubes (CNT) for Electronics & Electrics 2013-2023: Forecasts, Applications, Technologies" report to their offering.
Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs) and their compounds exhibit extraordinary electrical properties for organic materials, and have a huge potential in electrical and electronic applications such as photovoltaics, sensors, semiconductor devices, displays, conductors, smart textiles and energy conversion devices (e.g., fuel cells, harvesters and batteries).
Carbon nanotubes for electronics applications are still a strong focus for research and printable carbon nanotube inks are beginning to hit the market. CNTs are used for making transistors and are applied as conductive layers for the rapidly growing touch screen market. CNTs are considered a viable replacement for ITO transparent conductors in some applications. Fabricated as transparent conductive films (TCF), carbon nanotubes can potentially be used as a highly conductive, transparent and cost efficient alternative in flexible displays and touch screens, for instance. While the cost of carbon nanotubes was once prohibitive, it has been coming down in recent years as chemical companies build up manufacturing capacity reaching $10/m2 for film applications.
Apart from TCF applications carbon nanotubes for thin-film batteries, supercapacitors and ultraconductive copper will reach a significant share of the overall market driving the further ramp-up of production capacity and with that cost reduction.
Analysis of the topic, include the following:
- Markets drivers
- Technology applications
- 10 year forecasts to 2023
- Company interviews and profiles
For each market segment, the forecasts for 2013-2023 are provided by both value and market penetration.
- Touch screens
- Superconductive Copper
Detailed company profiles are provided. Where direct interviews with decision-makers within the companies were conducted, detailed insight is given into their state of the technology, target markets, assets and business strategy. Using our insight, an overall picture of the emerging carbon nanotube industry for electronics applications is constructed.
Who should buy this report?
Players active in:
- Commercialising carbon nanotubes
- Providing materials that carbon nanotubes will rival including silver nanowires, silver nanoparticles, ITO, carbon black, carbon fibre, etc
- Assessing the use of carbon nanotubes in electronics applications
- Developing transparent conductors and alternatives to ITO
- Producing and using conductive inks, particularly for smart packaging applications
- Assessing options for RFID inks
- Providing energy storage solutions including batteries and supercapacitors
- Developing transistors including printed ones
- Investing in emerging technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xdjgsd/carbon_nanotubes
|SOURCE Research and Markets|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved