Management uses these supplemental non-GAAP financial measures to evaluate performance period over period, to analyze the underlying trends in our business, to assess our performance relative to our competitors, and to establish operational goals and forecasts that are used in allocating resources. In addition, management uses these non-GAAP financial measures to further its understanding of the performance of our operating segments. The adjustments excluded from our non-GAAP financial measures are consistent with those excluded from our operating segments' measures of net sales and profit or loss. These adjustments are excluded from the segment measures that are reported to our chief operating decision maker that are used to make operating decisions and assess performance.
We believe that presenting adjusted net income, adjusted net income per share, and revenue growth rates that exclude certain amounts and/or the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates, in addition to the corresponding GAAP financial measures, provides investors greater transparency to the information used by management for its financial and operational decision-making and allows investors to see our results "through the eyes" of management. We further believe that providing this information assists our investors in understanding our operating performance and the methodology used by management to evaluate and measure such performance.
The following is an explanation of each of the adjustments that management excluded as part of these non-GAAP financial measures for the three and six months ended June 30, 2013 and 2012, and for the forecasted three month period ending September 30, 2013 and full year ending December 31, 2013, as well as reasons for excluding each of these individual items:
Adjusted Net Income and Adjusted Net Income per Share:
Goodwill and other intangible asset impairment charges - These amou
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Related biology technology :
1. American Laboratory Trading Continues Steady Growth with Expansion in Boston
2. Affordable Scrum Training in Boston,MA by Conscires Agile Practices
3. Formedix CEO Invited to Speak at OpenClinica Global Conference in Boston
4. The 2013 Bioprocessing Summit to Bring Together International Leaders to Discuss Today's Bioprocess Issues From Cell Line Selection to Manufacturing in Boston, MA
5. Verified Clinical Trials (VCT) Will Co-Present With SAFE-BioPharma At Bio-IT World April 10th In Boston, MA Exploring Identity Management In eClinical Trials
6. Boston Heart Diagnostics Awarded $450,000 in Tax Incentives from the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
7. Local Leaders Convene in Boston to Share Industry Best Practices in Second “Business of Big Data” Summit
8. R&D, Innovation Key to Success - Research Report on Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Stryker Corporation, St. Jude Medical, Inc., and Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc.
9. Boston College researchers unique nanostructure produces novel plasmonic halos
10. Boston Scientific to Webcast Conference Call Discussing Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2012 Financial Results on January 29th
11. Shire and Boston Childrens Hospital Enter Into Broad Research Collaboration