ANAHEIM, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bluestar Silicones will show its Silbione® brand soft silicone technologies at the Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) West Conference (Booth #1761), February 12-14. These technologies include low durometer liquid silicone rubber (LSR), room temperature vulcanized (RTV) silicones, gels and skin adhesives, and its new patent pending silicone foam.
Technical Leader Dr. Umar Latif , Ph.D., will present "Soft Silicones Offer Unique Advantages for Healthcare Applications," in the Innovation Brief Theater on Thursday, February 14 at 11:30 a.m.
According to Dr. Latif, unique physical performance attributes such as high tear strength and elongation, can now be achieved in very low durometer soft silicones, enabling a much broader range of applications in the healthcare arena.
Bluestar Silicones' new 1 Shore A hardness product, Silbione LSR 4301, uniquely combines strong physical properties and easy processing in a low-durometer material. The product rounds out Bluestar Silicones' -05 and -10 ShA soft LSR range, delivering high tear strength and high elongation for soft cushioning and vibration dampening applications.
The company's patent pending silicone foam technology offers low density open cell silicone foam for flexible, breathable yet durable applications. This innovation was honored as Frost & Sullivan's Product Differentiation Award in 2012.
In addition to its soft silicone technologies, Bluestar Silicones offers a full range of silicone technologies for the healthcare industry including LSR, high consistency rubbers (HCR), room-temperature vulcanized silicones (RTVs), skin adhesive tacky gels, cushioning gels and permanent adhesives.
Most of these healthcare grade technologies are manufactured in Bluestar Silicones new facility located in York, S.C.'/>"/>
SOURCE Bluestar Silicones
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. ChemoCentryx Presents Positive Results for Novel CCR2 Inhibitor in Preclinical Models of Diabetic Nephropathy at the 44th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Nephrology
2. Tengion Presents New Scientific Data in Presentations at TERMIS North America Annual Meeting
3. Amgen Presents Final Results from the Largest Phase 3 Open-Label Study Assessing the Safety and Efficacy of Nplate® (Romiplostim)
4. 23andMe Presents Top Ten Most Interesting Genetic Findings of 2011
5. Genomic Health Presents Results From First Clinical Decision Making Study of Oncotype DX® Colon Cancer at the 2012 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium
6. GeoVax Labs Presents New Findings on Potential HIV Vaccine at 2012 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI)
7. Fusion presents low proliferation risk, experts conclude
8. ODT Forum Presents Regenerative Technologies
9. PharmAthene Presents Update on SparVax™ rPA Anthrax Vaccine Program at the 2012 World Vaccine Congress
10. Cardium Presents First Quarter 2012 Financial Results and Recent Developments
11. Exosome Diagnostics Presents Data at American Urology Association Demonstrating Potential Utility of Urine Exosomes to Non-invasively Detect and Manage Prostate Cancer