The most common side effects with BYETTA include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, feeling jittery, and acid stomach. Nausea most commonly happens when first starting BYETTA, but may become less over time.
These are not all the side effects from use of BYETTA. A healthcare provider should be consulted about any side effect that is bothersome or does not go away.
For additional important safety information about BYETTA, please see the full Prescribing Information (http://pi.lilly.com/us/byetta-pi.pdf) and Medication Guide (http://pi.lilly.com/us/byetta-ppi.pdf).
About Amylin, Lilly and Alkermes
Amylin, Lilly and Alkermes are working together to develop BYDUREON, a subcutaneous injection of exenatide for the treatment of type 2 diabetes based on Alkermes' proprietary Medisorb® technology for long-acting medications. BYDUREON is not currently approved by any regulatory agencies.
Amylin Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving lives of patients through the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines. Amylin's research and development activities leverage the Company's expertise in metabolism to develop potential therapies to treat diabetes and obesity. Amylin is headquartered in San Diego, California
SOURCE Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. DJO Incorporateds Pending Merger With ReAble Therapeutics Clears U.S. Antitrust Review
2. Thoratec Announces HeartMate II(R) PMA Will be Reviewed by FDA Advisory Panel
3. Amyris Biotechnologies Co-Founder Neil Renninger Named to Technology Reviews Prestigious TR35 List of Top Young Innovators
4. Arena Pharmaceuticals Continues Phase 3 BLOOM Obesity Trial Following Independent Echocardiogaphic Data Safety Monitoring Board Review
5. Arena Pharmaceuticals Continues Phase 3 BLOOM Obesity Trial Following Independent Echocardiographic Data Safety Monitoring Board Review
6. AEterna Zentaris Announces Outcome of Managements Strategic Review
7. Thomson Scientific Publishes Who Is Making The Biggest Splash? - A Quarterly Review of Scientific Literature on Drugs and Therapies From April - June 2007
8. BioMS Medicals relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis trial receives positive review from Data Safety Monitoring Board
9. Neurobiological Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: NTII) Q1/08 Review Issued By Scimitar Equity Research, Inc.
10. BioMS Medicals phase III U.S. multiple sclerosis trial receives positive safety review from Data Safety Monitoring Board
11. BioMS Medicals pivotal international multiple sclerosis trial receives positive review from Data Safety Monitoring Board