IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviir Inc., a biotechnology company dedicated to the prevention of cardiovascular disease through innovative laboratory tests, announced that it has signed an agreement with Partners & Partners (P&P) under which P&P will form the sole distributorship of Aviir testing products and technologies in 19 Middle Eastern and North African Countries. Through its affiliate, Qatar Heart Laboratory Holding, P&P intends to roll out, country-by-country, a network that will distribute and promote Aviir tests, including the Aviir MIRISK VP™ Assessment. The agreement follows the recently announced $10 million financing tranche for Aviir, which included participation by the company's current investor group, along with P&P.
The Aviir MIRISK VP™ was developed out of basic research at the Stanford University School of Medicine and can assess the risk of a patient having a major coronary event within the coming 5 years.
Aviir CEO Douglas Harrington , MD, commented, "The Middle East has seen a steep rise in both obesity and diabetes, resulting in a parallel increase in cardiac disease and its complications in those societies."
"In the past decade, diabetic prevalence has reached more than 20 percent and obesity rates exceed 35 percent of the population in some Middle Eastern Countries," said Dr. Harrington. "The governments and health care authorities in that region are now taking a proactive approach to finding and implementing solutions to those trends. We are looking forward to working with our new distributor to penetrate these hard-to-access markets and to providing an important new tool in the fight against catastrophic cardiac events."
Under the agreement, P&P will have the exclusive rights to set up diagnostic laboratories across the region, including Qatar
SOURCE Aviir Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Aviir Diagnostics Laboratory in Collaboration with Cause;ology Sponsors "Storyland," a Red Carpet Charity Extravaganza in Hollywood
2. Aviir Laboratories Announce National Agreement With MultiPlan
3. Aviir Laboratories Announce National Agreement with Three Rivers Provider Network
4. Aviir Laboratories Announce National Agreement with Stratose
5. Aviir Diagnostic Laboratories Secures $8 Million In Funding From Silicon Valley Bank
6. Aviir, Inc.s CEO Dr. Douglas Harrington Delivered The Facts Surrounding Heart Disease At The Los Angeles Ultimate Womens Expo
7. Aviir Sponsors Eco Hideaway 2013 Music Artist Stage At The Chateaux In Park City, Utah To Benefit Heart Disease
8. Bacterin Signs Distribution Agreement with Jeil for LeForte Craniomaxillofacial System
9. Roche Signs Agreement with PTC Therapeutics to Advance Treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
10. BioRestorative Therapies Signs Material Manufacturing Agreement With University of Utah
11. The European Union Signs Grant Contract to Fund a 2 Million Euro Biotechnology Research Project Led by Hadassah College Jerusalem