SYDNEY, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Benitec Biopharma Ltd (ASX: BLT), a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapeutics based on its gene silencing technology, DNA-directed RNA interference (ddRNAi), is very pleased to report that Mr. Kevin Buchi , CPA, has accepted an invitation to join the Company's Board of Directors.
Mr. Buchi served as Chief Executive Officer of Cephalon, Inc. through its $6.8 billion acquisition by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries in October 2011. After the acquisition Mr. Buchi served as Corporate Vice President, Global Branded Products of Teva Pharmaceuticals. Mr. Buchi joined Cephalon in 1991 and held various positions, including Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Head of Business Development prior to being appointed CEO.
Mr. Buchi currently serves on the Board of Directors of Stemline Therapeutics, Inc., Forward Pharma A/S and Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Mr. Buchi has served on the Board of Directors of Lorus Therapeutics (Canada), Encysive Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Celator Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Mesoblast Limited (Australia). Mr. Buchi has served as a Member of the Life Sciences Advisory Board at Safeguard Scientifics, Inc.
Mr. Buchi originally trained as a synthetic organic chemist for the Eastman Kodak Company graduating from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry. He holds a Master's degree in management from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University and is a Certified Public Accountant. He resides in Pennsylvania in the United States.
Benitec Biopharma's Chairman, Mr. Peter Francis
SOURCE Benitec Biopharma Limited
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. National Honey Board Seeks Board Member Nominees: Appointments to be Made by United States Secretary of Agriculture
2. TaxOps Announces Partner Appointment to Prominent International Position with Fortune 100 Company
3. Store-A-Tooth™ Stem Cell Banking Announces Appointment of Dedicated Sales Representative in New England
4. Aratana Therapeutics Adds Product Manufacturing Expertise with the Appointment of Two Senior Executives
5. PharmaDirections Announces Appointment of Dr. Bruce Rehlaender as Principal, Formulation Development
6. Mobility and Big Data Analytics Provider NuWare Announces the Appointment of Rohit Shyam as Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer
7. Store-A-Tooth™ Dental Stem Cell Banking Announces Appointment of Dedicated Representative in South Florida
8. Sequenom Announces Leadership Appointments
9. T1D Exchange Announces Appointment of Dana Ball as Chief Executive Officer
10. Gallus BioPharmaceuticals Announces Appointment of Senior Baxter Executive as Chief Commercial Officer
11. Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMPE) announces appointment of Josh Disbrow as Chief Operating Officer effective December 15, 2012