Medical studies indicate that third-generation blood tests for detecting allergies common in children, including peanuts, insect venoms, milk, foods, dust and a host of other allergens,( )may have higher rates of precision, sensitivity and in some instances safety, than other diagnostic options.(4,5) Blood tests pose no risk of triggering a severe reaction in the patient being tested.
The reason third-generation allergen-specific IgE assays offer improved sensitivity and reliability is three-fold:
Siemens and The Walt Disney Company Form Alliance
Furthering its commitment to raise awareness about childhood allergies, Siemens recently announced a strategic alliance with The Walt Disney Company. The two companies have teamed up to teach children and parents about health issues through Disney storytelling. Mickey and the Giant Kachoo!, a children's book featuring Disney's Mickey Mouse, will be introduced to clinical laboratory and physician communities at this year's American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) Annual Meeting from July 19-23 in Chicago.
For more information, please visit '/>"/>
SOURCE Siemens Healthcare
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Submits Comments to Hit Policy Committee About Meaningful Use and Electronic Health Record Certification
2. New RISI Report Analyzes South American Tree Farm and Biomass Energy Investment Opportunities
3. Americans United for Life: Obamas Disbanding Bioethics Council Raises Troubling Questions
4. Ten Top Latin American Scientists Named 2009 Pew Fellows in the Biomedical Sciences
5. Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. Presents ITCA 650 Phase 1b Study Results as a Late-Breaker at the American Diabetes Association 69th Scientific Sessions
6. Orexigen(R) Therapeutics Presents Additional NB-302 Contrave(R) Data at American Diabetes Association (ADA) 69th Scientific Sessions
7. Data for SemBioSys insulin to be presented at the American Diabetes Associations 69th Scientific Sessions
8. American Biotech Labs(R) Garners 2009 Utah Best of State Award
9. VIA Pharmaceuticals DGAT1 Inhibitors Featured in American Diabetes Association Poster Presentation
10. Orexigen(R) Therapeutics Announces Upcoming Data Presentations at American Diabetes Association and Endocrine Society Annual Scientific Meetings
11. Leading North American Emergency Medical Services Provider British Columbia Ambulance Service Selects NICE Inform for Improved Service