TORONTO, July 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - ARIUS Research Inc., (TSX: ARI), a biotechnology company discovering and developing the next wave of antibody therapeutics, today announced its financial and operational results for the second fiscal quarter of 2008, ended May 31st, 2008.
"Throughout the second quarter, we maintained our focus on moving
ARIUS' anti-cancer antibodies towards human clinical trial. Most notably,
our lead drug candidates received significant attention from the scientific
community this quarter as five abstracts were presented at the AACR Annual
Meeting in April, disclosing new findings about our CD44, Trop-2, CD59, and
CD9 antibody programs," said Dr. David Young, President and CEO of ARIUS.
"Additionally, abstracts on our CD44 program were selected for publication
at the ASCO Annual Meeting in May. The inclusion of ARIUS' findings at
these important conferences demonstrates the high quality of our research
and reinforces the value of our lead drug candidates."
CD44 Cancer Stem Cell Program
- Presented two CD44-focused posters at AACR the American Association
for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting held from April 12-16, 2008
in San Diego, California.
- Published two CD44-focused abstracts at the American Association for
Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting held from May 30-June 3, 2008
in Chicago, Illinois.
- Held meeting with FDA to discuss plans for the upcoming IND
submission in the first quarter of 2008.
- ARIUS plans to have clinical trials' materials prepared in the fourth
quarter of 2008 and then a Phase I IND application is expected to be
filed and human clinical trials commenced.
Trop-2 Signal Transduction Program
- Completed two toxicology studies with no dose-limiting toxicity.
- Presented a Trop-2-focused poster at AACR Annual Meeting.
|SOURCE ARIUS Research Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved