The 2009 Wharton Health Care Business Conference, an MBA-student organized event, will be held February 19-20 in Philadelphia. The dynamic two-day event will feature distinguished speakers and panelists from Healthcare Services, Investment, Pharma, Biotech, and Medical Device sectors.
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) February 10, 2009 -- The 2009 Wharton Health Care Business Conference, an MBA-student organized event, will be held February 19-20 at the Park Hyatt Hotel at The Bellevue in Philadelphia, PA. Distinguished speakers and panelists from across the health care industry include:
- Wayne Gattinella - President, CEO, Director, WebMD
- John Hammergren - Chairman, President, CEO, McKesson
- Michael McCallister - President, CEO, Humana
- Israel Makov - Chairman, Given Imaging, Former CEO, Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Kent Thiry - Chairman, CEO, DaVita
- Ronald Paulus - Executive Vice President, CTO, CIO, Geisinger Health System
Discussion Panel Sessions offered include:
- The Blurring Line Between Pharma and Biotech - Featuring panelists from Wyeth, Pfizer, Amgen, Bank of America Merrill Lynch Securities, Orbimed, and Booz & Co.
- Overcoming Hurdles: Financing Growth In A Capital Constrained World - Featuring panelists from JP Morgan, Aisling Capital, Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation, Cain Brothers & Co., and Deloitte Consulting
- Policy: Will Reform Become Reality? - Featuring panelists from Independence Blue Cross, Putnam Associates, American Medical Association, New America Foundation, and McKinsey
- The Global Market's Impact On Medical Devices - Featuring panelists from Synthes, Abbott Vascular, Johnson & Johnson Medical Brazil, Angel Medical Systems, and Boston Consulting Group
- New Paradigms for Venture Financing: The Future Of Early Stage Investment - Featuring panelists from NEA, Novartis Options Fund, Polaris Ventures, Forward Ventures, CHL Medical Partners, and Pulmatrix
The Focus On Innovation Session will bring together promising start-ups and venture capitalists in a dynamic forum. This year's advisory board include investors from Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation, SR One, Quaker Bioventures, Safeguard, New Leaf Venture Partners, Domain Associates, 5Am Ventures, and Cardinal Partners.
About Wharton Health Care Business Conference:
Now in its 14th year, the conference has grown to become a leading health care forum for industry professionals, policy makers academics, and students. The annual two-day event typically draws over 600 attendees from across the nation. Attendees represent a broad range of functions including Business Development, Marketing, Corporate Strategy, Finance, and Clinical. To register and learn more about the conference, visit www.whcbc.org.
info (at) whcbc (dot) org
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Wharton_Health_Care/Business_Conference/prweb1995514.htm.
Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Transcept Pharmaceuticals to Present at 11th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference2
. NeurogesX to Present at 11th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference3
. Sunesis to Present at the 11th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference4
. Alexzas Corporate Presentation to be Webcast at the 11th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference5
. Advanced Life Sciences to Present at the 11th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference6
. Dendreon Announces Webcast Presentation at Eleventh Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference7
. MannKind to Present at the 11th Annual Biotechnology Industry Organization BIO CEO & Investor Conference8
. Neuralstem to Present at the 11th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference9
. Complete Genomics to Release Its DNA Sequencing Data for the First Time at Advances in Genome Biology and Technology Annual Meeting10
. Indevus Pharmaceuticals Announces Release of 2008 Annual Report11
. Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) to Present at 11th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference